Sunday 10 April 2011

Abandoned

Psalm22:1-2
 My God, my God why have you abandoned me?  Why are you so far away when I groan for help?  Everyday I call to you my God, but you do not answer.  Every night you hear my voice, but I find no relief.

Have you ever felt abandoned or let down?  I have.  I have been let down by people whom I thought cared, and I am sure most of us can relate to that.  David in Psalm22:1 felt that God had deserted
 him.  He called to God everyday, but God never answered his call.
 He must have felt let down in these particular moments.

Now let us reverse the situation, have you ever thought about the times when you have abandoned or let down others?  Early one morning I was thinking about those whom I felt had let me down.
But then God gave me a little poke, and then I started to think of
the times when I had let others down also.  But most importantly
the times when I had let God down,the times I had abandoned Him.

I felt ashamed, and that brought me to God, saying that I was sorry
for letting him down and for abandoning him, and also for the times I had let other people down.

We get so wrapped up about how other people have treated us that
we never think about the fact that we ourselves are just as guilty.
But one thing I do know, and that is God will never let us down.  He will never abandon us no matter the circumstances we go through.  He may not answer us when we want him to, but he will
in his own time not in ours.

Joshua 1:5
No one will be able to stand against you as long as you live.  For
I will be with you as I was with Moses.  I will not fail you or abandon you.

Joshua succeeded Moses as Israel's leader. And that meant leading
more than two million people into a strange new land and conquering it.  We may not be asked to lead millions of people to a new land, but each day we face tough situations, difficult people and temptations.  However God promises us that he will never
leave us or fail to help us.  We need to ask God to direct us, and
he will guide us through all situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment